1. Product introduction
X-Porator H1 electroporator, also known as gene import equipment, has been researched and developed by Etta Biotech with 4 years' efforts. This product has a number of unique patented technologies. Through precise control of pulse voltage, pulse waveform, pulse duration, interval time and pulse repetition, HiDEN, high density matrix needle electrode creates a highly even and stable electric field. It makes exogenous substances transfer into target cells.
2. Product Features
1) After one year of the accomplishment of 21 items of electronic and structural improvement, 17 visions of software upgrade, and 41 items of its improvement, X-Porator H1 is upgraded to H1plus, obtaining much higher quality and performance.
3) HiDEN, High Density Electrode Needle, is patented technology designed to create a highly even and stable electrical field for EBXP-H1, which is the key to high transfection efficiency.
4) HiDEN not only significantly reduces the voltage needed for a rational electrical field, but also almost eliminates large amount of OH- existing during electroporation, which hence protects cells effectively and causes high cell viability.
5) Applicable to various transfection volume with the maximum of single transfection volume up to 3000μl, which is 3-29 times higher than that of others in the market.
6) Applied to cuvettes and HiDEN electrodes, which are designed to operate directly on standard 96-well, 24-well and 12-well plates, without the special cuvettes or transfection vector, which is easy to use and low-cost.
7) Electrode Docking Station (optional) available for use of Chip Electrode (from Etta Biotech) and common cuvettes.
8) Wireless control system enabling the entire experiment process to be conducted inside a clean bench, effectively reduces the samples’ risk of being polluted, and makes the experimental process more convenient. Meanwhile, shortening the operation time could also achieve high cell viability.
9) Excellent after-sale service brings a professional experiment team providing instant online or on-site technical support.
10) The reasonable and affordable consumable cost in the industry, down to $1 per treatment (with the electrode being recycled).
3. Easy to Use
4. Experimental Procedures
|Transfection Volume per Well||60-3,000 μl|
|Voltage Waveform||Square Wave|
|Pulse Voltage Range||1-400 V|
|Square Wave Duration||10-100,000 μs|
|Pulse Interval||15-10,000 ms|
|NO. of Pulses||1-100|
|Electrode Type||HiDEN Electrode for 96-, 24- or 12-vvell plates/Electrode Cuvette|
|Wireless Transmission Distance||15 m|
|Operating System Platform||Android|
|Input Voltage||210-240 VAC|
|Dimensions||W220 × D408 × H180 mm|
HiDEN, High Density Electrode Needle, is a patented technology of Etta Biotech. It creates a highly even and stable electrical field for EBXP-H1, which is the key to high transfection efficiency. HiDEN also significantly reduces the voltage needed for a rational electrical field, hence significantly increases cell vitality.
The other advantage of HiDEN is that it almost eliminates the cathode effect existing on conventional electroporators during electroporation. Cathode effect produces large amount of OH- that is harmful to cells and causes high cell mortality. EBXP-H1 reaches high cell vitality thanks to this unique feature of HiDEN technology.
1. Some Demo Results
2. Successful Stories
1) The Institute of Gemonics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, used X-Porator H1 to transfect mRNA into DCs successfully. The device achieved great results of TE=85.5%, V=81.2%, M=69.4%, under 230V voltage, 100μs pulse duration, 6 pulses, 1000ms pulse interval. Meanwhile, the same experiment was conducted by an electroporator of L brand in the market, which gave a result of TE=97.2%, V=47.1%, M=45.8%.
2) 4 genes were successfully transfected into MEF cells using X-Porator H1 to induce iPSCs by researchers from National Tsinghua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan. The device displayed a good performance: TE (in transfection of single gene) =42.4%, TE (in transfection of three genes) =24.5%, V>95%, with 150V voltage, 100μs pulse duration, 6 pulses, 1000ms pulse interval. (Biomicrofluidics 9, 054107 (2015))
3) DNA was effectively transfected into mESs via X-Porator H1 by a biotechnology company, resulting TE>56.4%, which was over 20 percentage higher than that from an electroporator of B brand in the market.
4) X-Porator H1 successfully transfected T1 coloring agent into MSCs with high cell viability and high transfection efficiency, by reseachers from Institute of Nano-tech and Nano-bionics (SINANO), Chinese Academy of Sciences, which was beyond the capability of other cell electroporator or chemical transfection reagent.
Note: TE: Transfection Efficiency, V: Viability, M: Mix Efficiency.
3. Related Papers
【The Only One in the Industry】Etta’s Exclusive Electroporation Technology to Help Scientists Reveal the Fate of Stem Cells Transplanted in Vivo.
On September 22, 2017, the international first-class academic journal Nano Research published a cover article about major breakthroughs in the application of MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) in the tracing of stem cell transplantation in vivo, from Research Group on magnetic resonance and nanotechnology of Suzhou Institute of nanotechnology and nano biomimetic research, Chinese Academy of Sciences. The research team used Etta’s electroporation system EBXP-H1 to break through the technical bottlenecks in the research field for many years. The title of the article is as follows: Cell-assembled (Gd-DOTA) i-triphenylphosphonium (TPP) nanoclusters as a T2 contrast agent reveal in vivo fates of stem cell transplants.
Good news! Using Etta’s Electroporatior to Obtain iPSCs successfully, Cell Vitality >95%!
A study led by the Taiwan national Tsinghua University and Peking University researchers achieved gratifying achievements. They successfully induced pluripotent stem cells (induced Pluripotent Stem Cells iPSCs), by using HDEN (High-density Distributed Electrodes Network), Independent R&D electroporation technology of Etta Biotech Co., Ltd. The relevant research results were published online in Biomicrofluidics journal on September 11, 2015. The title of the paper is "Generation of murine induced pluripotent stem cells by using high-density using".
“H1 leads to breakthrough in experiments. The results have been published in the Nano Research this year.”
——Bo Tan, Associate professor, SINANO of Chinese Academy of Sciences
“22RV1 cell gene editing efficiency meets customer requirements and homologous repair efficiency is being optimized.”
——Dr Li, PhD student, Shandong University
“Compared with previous electroporator, the experimental cost is greatly reduced.”
——Sonanan, Department heads, Cyagen Biosciences
“Lower cost with stable results.”
——Dr. Hu, R&D Director, Genepharma
“Compared with previous electroporator, transfection efficiency was doubled, the experimental cost is greatly reduced.”
——Dr. Dong, R&D Director, DOER Biologics
“Good for transfection of various cells and plasmids even co-transfection with multiple plasmids.”
——Zhiyun Yi, Professor，Xiamen University
“Its performance meets the needs of daily research.”
——Jun Lin, Associate professor, Fuzhou University